- cook20 MIN
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 600ml thickened/heavy cream
- 300g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp Cointreau (optional)
- 100ml orange juice
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp icing sugar + more for serving
- 2 pieces of sponge cake (10x 15cm) or 16 savoiardi biscuits
Thinly slice the remaining strawberries and layer on top of tiramisu before serving. Dust with icing sugar.
- Finely chop ¾ of the strawberries. Place strawberries, orange juice and caster sugar into a small sauce pan and simmer on a medium heat until the strawberry dissolves.
- Using a hand blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Place mixture onto a brownie pan and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add the icing sugar, vanilla bean paste and mascarpone, beat until well combined.
- Get the serving tray/glasses ready.
- Cut the sponge or savoiardi to fit the serving tray/glasses. Place the sponge fingers into the strawberry mixture and allow to sit for 30 seconds each side.
- Layer the biscuits at the bottom of each glass/tray, top with a dollop of the strawberry mixture (if making the adult version drizzle some Cointreau onto the biscuits), top with cream, repeat to produce another layer, repeat until you have no more biscuits left.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.