Pancetta and Vegetable Fritters Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium zucchini
- 100 grams pancetta
- 1 small tin sweet corn
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup SR flour
- 2 shallots
- 1 avocado
- ¼ purple onion
- 80 grams of feta cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 sprigs parsley
Place 3 fritters on a plate with a dollop of salsa.
- Grate the zucchini into a sieve over a large bowl and allow the liquid to drain off. Pat dry with paper towel. Drain tinned corn.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add the milk and whisk until combined.
- Finely dice the pancetta and thinly slice the shallots.
- Add the flours and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the zucchini, shallots, corn and pancetta. Mix to combine.
- Your mixture should be thick, if necessary add another tablespoon of SR flour.
- Place 2 tbsp. of oil into a large nonstick fry pan. Allow the pan to reach a medium temperature.
- Dollop 2 tbsp. of the mixture per fritter into the pan. You should make a total of 12 fritters in total.
- Cook for 4 minutes either side. You should notice the mixture begins to bubble around the edges. Fritters should be golden either side.
Smashed avocado salsa:
- Cut from the tip to the base of the avocado, twist to separate, remove the seed.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a medium bowl, top with lemon juice, then mash with a fork.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters, dice the feta cheese and finely chop the onion and parsley. Add these to the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil. Toss to combine.