Vegetable Pasta with Garlic, Chilli and Olive Oil Recipe
- 20 Min
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp chilli - dried or fresh
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 broccoli flower
- Olive oil
- 500g spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- Fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan – to serve
Serve hot with plenty of black pepper, some shavings of quality parmesan and extra chilli for those who enjoy a bit of spice.
- Peel and finely slice 2 cloves of garlic.
- Cut the zucchinis into rounds.
- Section the broccoli into small bite sized florets.
- Slowly heat 2-3 tablespoons of good quality olive oil in a fry pan.
- Add a sprinkling of chilli (fresh or dried). Warm until flavours have infused.
- Bring the oil up to heat (being careful not to burn the garlic) and fry off zucchini rounds until just cooked.
- Add a handful of torn mint leaves.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Cook your preferred pasta as per the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta in a colander.
- Combine the pasta with the oil/garlic/zucchinis and place back on the heat to warm through.