Scrambled Eggs with Bacon on Waffles Recipe
- 5 Min
- 10 Min
- 8 frozen waffles, thawed
- 6 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 100ml full cream milk
- 6 slices thin streaky rindless bacon, halved crossways
- 40g butter, chopped
- Micro herbs, to garnish (optional)
Spoon eggs onto toasted waffles, top with bacon and micro herbs. Season to taste.
- Toast the waffles. Whisk the eggs and milk together (don’t add salt as it will cause the protein to toughen and eggs will weep), vigorously for 2 minutes. Egg should fall in a thin stream from the whisk. Allow the mixture to set for a couple minutes to let the foam settle.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wipe the pan clean.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat until hot. Once the pan is hot, add the butter and swirl quickly to coat pan. As the very last of the butter is melting, add the egg mixture. Allow to cook for 1 minute until just beginning to set. Using a spatula or a flat-edged wooden spoon, push set eggs toward centre while tilting pan to distribute uncooked egg to pan edge. Cook for a further 1 minute or until the egg is almost set. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Put the waffles into the toaster and toast the waffles.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl with a balloon whisk.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan with adult supervision.
- Put the bacon on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle herbs over the eggs.