Salami Supreme Pizza Scrolls Recipe
- 20 Min
- 35 Min
- ½ cup (140g tub) pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups (120g) grated tasty cheese
- 100g thinly sliced pepperoni or mild Hungarian salami (Primo brand)
- ½ cup (80g) drained roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted olives, roughly chopped
- Finely grated parmesan & small basil leaves to serve, optional
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 150g cold butter, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Scrolls are delicious served warm at a party or as an after school snack. To warm place a baking tray into the oven, preheat oven and tray to 180C fan forced. Place scrolls onto the hot tray and warm for 8 minutes.
- For gourmet scrolls, top warm scrolls with a dollop of basil pesto, grated parmesan and extra basil leaves.
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced. Grease and line a baking tray.
To make dough, sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in salt. Add butter and use your fingertips to rub butter into the flour to form fine crumbs. Make a well in the centre. Add milk. Using a flat-bladed knife, gently stir until dough almost comes together. Use floured hands to bring dough together in the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until the base is smooth. Roll out to a 25cm x 37cm rectangle.
Spread pizza sauce over the dough. Top with cheese, pepperoni, capsicum and olives. Starting from one long side, roll up dough firmly, enclosing filling, to form a log. Trim ends. Cut into 12 x 3cm thick slices. Arrange 1cm apart cut side up, on baking tray.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and basil if you like. Serve.
- Scrolls freeze well. Individually wrap scrolls tightly in plastic wrap and place into a snap lock bag. Freeze up to 1 month.
- For spinach, feta and ricotta scrolls: Replace the pizza sauce with spreadable ricotta; the pepperoni with 2 cups of shredded English spinach leaves; the capsicum and olives with 100g feta, crumbled.
- For strawberry, apple and cinnamon sugar scrolls: Replace the salt in the dough with ¼ cup caster sugar; the pizza sauce with strawberry jam; the pepperoni, capsicum olives and cheese with 2 ½ cups tinned apple, chopped. After baking, drizzle scrolls with cinnamon sugar icing.
- For chocolate cheesecake scrolls: Replace the salt in the dough with ¼ cup caster sugar; the pizza sauce with nutella; the pepperoni, capsicum olives and cheese with 250g cream cheese whisked with ½ cup caster sugar and ¼ cup sour cream. After baking, drizzle scrolls with chocolate icing.