Ricotta Gnocchi Served with Fresh Peas, Ricotta and Crispy Prosciutto
- 45 Min
- 45 Min
300g waxy potatoes
150g ricotta cheese (medium stiffness)
125g plain hour
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup finely grated parmesan
Extra plain flour for dusting
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 thin slices prosciutto
100g fresh ricotta
100g of peas
- Finely slice the prosciutto.
- Place a medium pan onto a high heat and cook the prosciutto for a few minutes until golden, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, place the butter, lemon juice and peas and simmer for 1 minute. Turn the temperature to high, add the gnocchi and prosciutto back to the pan and fry the gnocchi to get some colour.
- Plate four portions of the gnocchi, sprinkle with parmesan, dollop on the ricotta and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Place a medium saucepan of water to boil and add 1 tsp salt.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes
- Place potatoes into boiling water, and boil for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked (avoid over testing the potatoes as this can make them water logged).
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes. Mash with a potato mashed or push through a sieve/ ricer into a large mixing bowl.
- Push the ricotta through a sieve/ ricer into the same bowl with the potatoes. Whisk the egg in a small bowl and add to the potato mixture. Add the seasoning and mix to combine.
- Spray a biscuit tray with oil. Divide dough into 4. Place 1 piece of the dough onto a lightly floured surface, using your fingertips roll into a 1.5cm thick sausage.
- Cut each strip into 2cm pieces, place each piece onto greased tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place a medium saucepan of water on to boil add 1 tsp salt. Cook the gnocchi in batches (do not over crowd the pan). Once the gnocchi pieces float to the top remove with a slotted spoon and place onto the oiled tray. Repeat until you have no gnocchi left.