- prep30 mins + 1 hour proving
- cook20 - 24 Mins
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 7g sachet (2 teaspoons) instant dried yeast
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Extra 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
Jimmy says: “Donuts could be my favourite treat, I go a bit Homer Simpson over donuts. There is an even bigger reward when you make them yourself and now my love of donuts and my love of air frying things have finally met. A match made in Heaven, where the clouds are actually fluffy delicious donuts. And the kids love them too.”
- Place milk in a large heatproof jug. Add yeast and 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar and stir until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Sift flour into a large bowl and stir in remaining caster sugar. Add yeast mixture and half of the butter and stir to form dough. Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel and stand in a warm place for 1 hour until dough doubles in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Roll into a log then cut in half. Place one half aside, cut the other half into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a smooth ball. Then using a rolling pin, flatten each ball to a 10cm round.
- Combine frozen blueberries and extra sugar in a bowl. Place a heaped tablespoon of berry mixture into the centre of each round. Gather up edges to cover berries. Pinch together to seal. Turn-over and shape into a smooth round.
- Grease air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place seam side down in the basket, about 5cm apart. Preheat air fryer to 200°C for 5 minutes. Place airfryer drip tray, covered with baking paper or foil, on the bottom shelf to catch any drips. Place air fryer basket in centre shelf position and airfry for 10-12 minutes until golden. While the first batch is cooking, repeat step 3 with the remaining dough.
- Transfer the cooked donuts to a tray. While hot, brush with remaining melted butter. Combine cinnamon and icing sugar then sift over the top of the warm donuts. Serve.