- 4 tbsp chocolate spread
- ½ cup of cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 8 slices of café style white bread or brioche toast
- 1 large banana
- 2 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Place sugar, cream, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and eggs into a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Cut banana into 3rds, then each piece into 3 lengthways (you should have 9 pieces in total).
- Place a chopping board onto the bench. Dip 1 side of the bread into the egg mixture, place the dipped side down onto a chopping board. Spread the side facing up (undipped side) with chocolate spread (all the way to the edge), place 2 slices of banana on the bread.
- Dip another piece of bread one sided into the egg mixture, then place the undipped side on top of the bananas. Press down around the edges.
- Repeat with the remaining 6 slices of bread. You should have 8 sandwiches.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan to a medium temperature. Place 1 tbsp. of butter into the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, use an egg flip to place 1 sandwich in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden, then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes the other side.
- If needed, add a little more butter to the pan and repeat step 6 for the remaining 3 sandwiches.
- Cut in half on a plate and serve with lashings of maple syrup and fresh berries.