Beef ‘n’ Bean Nachos Recipe
- 300 grams veal mince
- 300 grams beef mince
- 2 small avocados
- 8 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 400 gram tin kidney beans
- 400 gram tin cherry tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp. sour cream
- 8 tortillas or 1 bag corn chips
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
Top with a dollop of sour cream, guacamole, a spoon of beans and a pinch of sliced jalapenos (if desired).
- Remove the seed from the avocados. Place the flesh into a bowl with 2 tsp of lime juice, salt and pepper and mash with a fork.
- Finely chop the shallots and the garlic.
- Place half the olive oil in a medium fry pan, heat to medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until it softens. Add the mince and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use the back of a wooden spoon to break the mince continuously, cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the meat mixture with cumin and paprika and stir through. Add the tomato paste 100 ml of water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and kidney beans, stir to combine simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- While the beans are simmering, turn the oven to 180˚C fan forced. Line 3 baking trays with paper, spray the tortillas with oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika. Using kitchen scissors, cut each tortilla into 10 pieces, arrange on baking trays. Bake for 6-8minutes of until golden.
- Finely slice the jalapeno.
- Divide the tortilla chips or corn chips amongst 4 plates, top with ¼ the meat mixture and ¼ of the cheese. Microwave for 45-60 seconds (or until the cheese melts).