Pumpkins, parties, costumes, tricks and treats – tips to make for a haunted Halloween that the entire family will enjoy!
Halloween is becoming an increasingly popular calendar date for Australian families and in-particular, kids! Whether it’s shopping for decorations, baking ghostly treats, costume-making 101 or carving pumpkins, we have the ultimate list of tips and ‘tricks’ for your most ghoulish Halloween ever.
• Getting dressed up is the best part of Halloween. If you find yourself running out of time to purchase or make a costume, try dressing up the little ones in an old bed sheet with two cut out eyes or try your skills at face painting.
• Never carved a pumpkin before? Making your Jack O’Lantern is an activity that the entire family can participate in. Try YouTube for step-by-step guides and make sure you delegate age-appropriate tasks to the kids
• Not up to pumpkin carving? Try painting a couple of old jam jars with Jack’s friendly face and then use tea lights to create the same effect
• Bake some gruesome treats such as biscuits in the shape of skeletons or ghosts, spider cupcakes or a ‘brain’ cake.
• Dress up your home with webbing, skeletons and spooky spiders to create the Halloween mood.
• If you’re hosting a Halloween party, then specially-themed games are a must! Try playing traditional party games that kids will already know how to play including ‘pass the pumpkin’ and ‘pin the tail on the black cat’.