Cut your kitchen time and enjoy the party with these really clever entertaining tips
The art of hosting the ultimate dinner party is a challenging skill to master. But we believe that hosting at home can be simple and fuss-free if you start planning well in advance and don’t sweat the small stuff.
Here are some tips to make your next dinner party fun for all (especially you!).
1. Preparation, preparation, preparation. Do as much as you can ahead of time – you want to enjoy the party and be able to spend time with your guests! Any food prep that can be done in the days leading up to your event will save you time, stress and mess on the day.
2. Be the hostess with the most-ess. With the party in full swing, no one wants to get stuck in the kitchen! With the Westinghouse induction cooktop range, the Pause function will ensure your culinary creations won’t be ruined by your chit-chat. Simply hit the Pause button and all the heat zones will lower to a simmer while you’re away; press it again and the temperature will return. Magic!
3. Make room for those Canapé. When you’re cooking for the masses, fridge space is key. The Westinghouse FlexSpace™ refrigeration range is built to adapt to your catering needs, with easy sliding doors and movable dividers you can customise the shelving configuration to make space for your freshly shucked oysters, spiced Moroccan meatballs and champagne!
4. Creating a stunning table setting. Choose one or two theme colours and go from there. Set a beautiful table for your family and friends with glassware, crockery, napery, cutlery and lighting that makes them feel special and sets the mood.
5. Create a dinner party playlist. Avoid abrupt transitions or awkward silences by creating the ultimate compilation of music to suit your mood and guests!